In this winter season, it’s best and perfect to have the ultimate slow cooker beef stew. It’s super tasty and healthy. As you know many of us prefer slow cooker meals, especially during weekends and holidays.
As this dish takes time to cook in a slow cooker you can set up the things in a slow cooker and let it cook. When you will be back you will find nicely flavored beef stew ready to enjoy.
- Slow cooker
- Food flipper
Preparation Time- 20 minutes
Cook Time – 8 hours
Total Time – 8 hours 20 minutes
Servings – 8
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Calories: 425kcal
- Fat: 22g
- Protein: 37g
- Cholesterol: 124mg
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Potassium: 1204mg
- Sodium: 963mg
- Sugar: 3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Vitamin C: 15.4mg
- Vitamin A: 5340IU
- Iron: 7.1mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- Boneless chuck roast – 3 pound
- Kosher salt – 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped yellow onion -1
- Peeled and cut carrots – 4
- Yukon potatoes chunks – 4
- Beef broth – 4 cups
- Tomato paste – 1/4 cup
- Dried bay leaf – 1
- Thyme – 1 teaspoon
- Minced garlic – 4 cloves
- Worcestershire sauce -1 tablespoon
- Unsalted butter – 2 tablespoons
- Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Preheat a big skillet. You can insert an aluminum slow cooker and preheat on high heat.
- Now with pepper and salt season the beef.
- Add this seasoned beef to the skillet and cook for 4 to 6 minutes till it becomes brown at the bottom.
- Flip the beef and season again with pepper and salt on this side and cook till it turns brown at the bottom.
- Now take out the beef and cut it into chunks.
- Now add chopped onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- When the onions color change to a slight brown, switch off the flame.
- Now add cooked beef chunks to the slow cooker.
- Add cooked onions.
- Add chopped potatoes and carrots.
- Add chicken broth, a little bit of salt, bay leaf, tomato paste, minced garlic, thyme, and worchestershire sauce and mix.
- Now let it cook for around 7 hours in a slow cooker.
- Take a small bowl and add flour and butter and mix it nicely.
- Now add this flour mixture to the slow cooker and stir nicely.
- Again cover the slow cooker and cook for one more hour.
- When you find that sauce has thickened your dish is ready to serve.
- You can store leftover soup in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days but store only when the soup cools down to room temperature.
- In the airtight container, you can freeze the soup for 3 months. Whenever you want to have it, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat the soup on the stovetop or dutch oven.