Most of the time we make sandwiches or toast for breakfast. If you will make your sandwiches in whole grain sandwich bread it will turn out tastier and healthier.
The procedure is very easy. You can easily make it at home by following our process. Even if you are a beginner you can make this tasty and soft whole-grain sandwich bread at home.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s start with our recipe.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Rising Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Servings: 20 slices
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Calories: 185kcal
- Fat: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 247mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Potassium: 166mg
- Vitamin A: 54IU
- Sugar: 2g
- Calcium: 39mg
- Vitamin C: 1mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Lukewarm water – 1/4 cup
- Active dry yeast – 1 tablespoon
- Liquid honey -1 tablespoon
- Lukewarm milk -2 cups
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
- Egg – 1
- Salt -2 teaspoons
- Whole wheat flour – 4 cups
- All purpose flour -2 cups
- Multigrain mix – 1 cup
Ingredients for egg wash
- Water -2 tablespoons
- Egg – 1
- Take a big bowl and add 1 cup of water. Now add active yeast and honey and mix it well. Now keep the bowl aside.
- Take a big bowl and add egg, milk, salt, and oil and whisk together.
- Now add yeast mixture, multigrain mix, and flour.
- Stir and combine all ingredients together and prepare the dough.
- Now transfer the dough on a floured work surface and knead the dough nicely until it becomes elastic and smooth. You need around 5 to 10 minutes for this.
- Now transfer the dough to the bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Now keep it resting for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Now take two loaf pans and grease them with butter.
- Now sprinkle some flour on hands and punch dough down and deflate completely.
- Now divide the soft dough into 2 evenly pieces. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Now take the dough pieces and give both rectangle shapes.
- Place this in a greased loaf pan and cover it with plastic wrap and keep it again for 1 hour 20 minutes. In this way, the loaf will become double in size and fluffier.
- Follow the same process with another piece of loaf.
- Now preheat the microwave oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the pan under a tea towel and let it bake for 25 minutes.
- Check the loaf after 15 minutes. Keep an eye that the top of the loaf doesn’t turn too brown.
- When the loaf is baked, keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Now transfer them to the cooling rack.
- Your Whole Grain Sandwich Bread is ready to make sandwiches.