The chills nights always push us to make something hot and spicy. Even a lot of people do this and make different dishes to use their time and also to keep their body warm with some delicious and tasty food.
There are people who prefer to have soup and just imagine having a sausage in your soup. If you do not have many ingredients at your home, still you can try to make the recipe which I am going to tell you.
So, I am here to tell you the recipe for making slow cooker tortellini and sausage soup. This recipe is very easy and anyone can make this soup at their home.
It also takes less time and energy. This recipe is for people of all age groups, even the kids will like the soup and ask you to make it again and again.
We also need some kitchen equipment. But do not worry, you will not have to go buy new utensils or any other kitchen equipment especially to prepare these delicious slow cooker tortellini and sausage soup. It can be made easily by using the normal equipment available in the kitchen within no time.
Types of Equipment used for making slow cooker tortellini and sausage soup:
- Some bowls( bowls of all sizes)
- A set of kitchen knives
- A spatula for mixing
- Basic kitchen cutlery
- Cooking spray
- Baking sheet
This equipment is enough to prepare the delicious slow cooker tortellini and sausage soup at your home. In a few hours, the soup will be ready to be served.
Ingredients required for making slow cooker tortellini and sausage soup:
- 1 lb of Italian sausage, make sure that the sausage are brown and properly drained
- 2 cans of diced Italian tomatoes
- 4 cups of vegetable or chicken broth , you can also use a 32oz container
- 8 ounces of cubes of cream cheese
- 1 bag of frozen cheese tortellini
- 3-4 cups of fresh spinach
Instructions to be followed for making slow cooker tortellini and sausage soup at home:
- Take the slow cooker and add the properly chopped, completely drained and browned sausage, chicken broth, the 2 cans which have diced tomatoes in it, and also add the cubed cream cheese to the slow cooker. Now, take a spatula and stir everything properly so that everything gets mixed well. Then, cook everything on low heat for about 4 hours or until the cream cheese which you add in it is completely dissolved.
- Now, take the spinach and frozen tortellini and add them into the cooker. Stir everything properly and cook it for an additional 30 mins or until the pasta is completely cooked to the level which you like.
- Now, your tortellini and sausage soup is ready to be served with a small garnish on the top. You can also use different veggies and ingredients which you like in the soup and cook in the same way. The leftover soup can be stored in a refrigerator and can be eaten again.