One of those recipes for the days when your mood is not for elaborate cooking. This shrimp stir fry is quick and easy to assemble and serve. This stir fry can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes.
You can make this tasty and filling dish when you don’t have your fridge filled with leftovers. This is a soulful, easy, healthy, and mouth-watering dish. What else can you ask for on a busy week night.
- Spoon/ spatula
Shrimp and asparagus stir fry
- Time for preparation: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Calories: 281 Cal
- Protein: 31 grams
For the shrimp and asparagus:
- Peeled and deveined large raw shrimp – 1 pound
- Asparagus – 2 pounds (trim the ends and chop them into 2-inch pieces)
- Lemon pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Fresh ginger – 1-2 teaspoon (grated)
- Garlic – 6 cloves (minced)
- Red chili flakes – ½ teaspoon
For the sauce:
- Chicken stock – 1 cup
- Corn starch – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh lemon juice – ⅓ cup
- Lemon zest of 1 lemon
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Soy sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Black pepper – ½ teaspoon (freshly cracked)
- Take a medium sized bowl and mix all the ingredients for the sauce and let it sit aside.
- Now keep a large skillet over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread it to coat the bottom of the skillet. To this add shrimp, forming a layer and sprinkle salt and pepper on it.
- Let the shrimp cook for about 1-2 minutes on both sides and then remove them on a plate. Make sure that the shrimps are pink on both the sides. Keep it slightly undercooked. Don’t overcook it.
- Take the same skillet. Keep it on medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add asparagus in it and toss the asparagus to coat it with oil.
- Sauté the asparagus till they are still crispy but tender. Once they have brown spots on them here and there but still being bright green, reduce the heat and add salt, ½ teaspoon lemon pepper, 1-2 teaspoon of grated ginger, and 6 cloves of garlic that has been minced. Stir all the ingredients till they’re well combined.
- Cook this for about a minute, stirring continually to make sure that the garlic and ginger are not burnt.
- Now spread the lemon sauce on it and mix it to combine everything well. Let the sauce cook for a while (approximately 1 minute) or till the sauce thickens a bit and the shrimps are completely cooked.
- When done, remove from heat and sprinkle red chili flakes.
- Its time for you now to check and then adjust the seasoning like you want and then serve and enjoy.
Tips and tricks:
- You can serve this with rice, noodles or have it as it.
- I have used fresh shrimp here, but if you are using frozen shrimp then make sure you thaw it before cooking.
- Reheated shrimp tends to get hard and chewy so this recipe is best consumed immediately.