Why you should try low carb milk rice for dessert?
We all like to enjoy dessert, and low carb milk rice is a delicious hot pudding which is very easy to cook. Research reveals that lactose proteins on reacting with starch in rice make the rice waxy and puffed in texture, leading to a reduction in amylase levels.
This, when served in the form of liquid deserts, helps to lose weight and is often prescribed for people suffering from obesity. What’s more, it contains konjac flour which is known for its benefits of weight loss and reducing of cholesterol levels in the body.
Now’s let us get the ingredients needed to cook our low carb milk rice pudding quickly.
- 250 grams of konjac circle
- 150 Gms milk
- ½ teaspoon konjac flour
- ½ mark of vanilla bean
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 100 Gms of the fruit of your choice
- A bowl
- A pot
- A scree
- A whisk
Procedure – How to Cook:
The recipe is very easy to cook and does not require much hassle compared to other desserts like cakes, and bread puddings or several Asian desserts. So let’s get started.
- Pour the package of konjac circles and drain the excess water. Rinse this konjac rice in a sieve.
- Whisk the konjac flour with milk well and add the konjac circles.
- Pour the mixture in a saucepan and simmer for 3 minutes or till you get your desired consistency. I like my milk rice, neither too thick nor too thin. You can cook as per your wish.
- Once you get the consistency right, add vanilla and cinnamon, and cook the rice.
- Now take some fruit of choice. I prefer chopped green apples and pomegranates. Add these to the cooked milk rice. Enjoy!
|Amount per serving||Carbohydrates||Proteins||Fats||Fibre||Energy (cal)|
|100 Gms||7.06 Gms||3.3 Gms||2.8 gm||1 gm||40|
So go ahead and cook low carb milk rice for your dessert right now!
If you like our low carb dessert recipe, do share it on Pinterest.