Imagine planning to go out the first day of summer and realizing those hot pants fit a little too tight around the inner thighs! Disastrous, isn’t it? But, don’t worry. We have you covered!
Now, first and foremost, let us get one thing right – this is not a simple ‘lose inner thigh fat in x days’ post. Instead, the post outlines a few rigorous workout plans that, when followed religiously, will help you lose all that extra inner thigh fat without gaining muscle and help you get the perfect body.
There are two critical steps involved in this process:
- The right diet (extremely important), and
- The right exercise (which is what we are here for)
Belly and thighs are two such body parts where we never wish to accumulate fat, and while you can’t reduce fat around a specific area, it is possible to build leaner muscles in the targeted areas, in this case, the inner thighs.
Inner thigh fat can be a bit tricky to lose, even when you are used to having those productive and painful leg days.
Most of the workouts mentioned in the post do not involve any major gym equipment since we understand that you may not have access to a gym or any specific workout equipment. However, we do require you to have some basic ones – dumbbells, a floor mat, light workout gear, and a resistance band.
Let’s kill those stubborn fats now, shall we?
1. Curtsy Lunge
A two-in-one workout routine, curtsy lunges are a staple if you want a firm booty and toned thighs. Lunges are a favorite among those who want a strong backside, but if you want a perkier one (we know we all do!), curtsy lunges are a must-do.
The practice of these makes you look taller and thinner too. Now, who doesn’t want that?
- Stand straight with your feet wide apart.
- Maintaining an upright position, take a big step and cross your right leg behind the left and squat down in a curtsy position.
- Keep your feet in the same position and your torso upright, stand up and lower down.
- Repeat the same on the alternative side. That is one rep.
- Now, complete 15-20 reps on each side
Time – 10 minutes.
2. Scissor Leg Plank
Any of us who has ever been involved in any sort of core and abs training already knows the benefits of a plank, but working the fat on your inner thighs requires slightly more, which is why we suggest the scissor leg plank. To do this, you may need a floor mat (so you don’t slip and hurt yourself).
- Place a floor mat and get into a classic plank position (preferably use a small folded towel under each foot to make this easier).
- Slide your feet apart as wide as possible keeping your body firm in the plank position.
- Now, slowly squeeze your inner thighs while you slide your feet back together.
- Do 2 sets of 15-20 reps.
Time: 15-20 minutes
3. Lunges with Dumbbells
Now, we all know how the normal lunges work, but why don’t we take it a step forward and add a pair of dumbbells to our usual lunges? You could use a 5 pound or an 8-pound dumbbell.
If it gets a little hard, breathe in and remind yourself – it’s all worth the pain and effort and a sexier thigh, of course!
- Firstly, stand upright and place your feet hip-width apart.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand but ensure they are steady (for beginners, try it without the dumbbells).
- Step forward with the right leg and lunge forward. Ensure that your knees don’t go beyond your toe and that your leg is in a perpendicular position.
- To add more rigor, you can do a bicep curl while you lunge forward.
- Keeping your feet firmly to the ground, push the leg back to starting position.
- Repeat the movement on the same side for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
Time – 2 minutes
4. Side Shuffle Switch
A fast-paced routine, the side shuffle switch gets your heart pumping and those extra fats burning in no time. To avoid injuries on a slippery surface, you can use a floor mat.
It’s also a fun exercise and can be enjoyed if you challenge your girl-friends to do them with you. After all, we all love a bit of show off, don’t we!
- Stand straight with your feet together and arms resting by your side.
- Shuffle to the right by taking three quick right, left, right steps.
- Lift your left knee up right after the third step and swing the right arm forward.
- Switch sides and repeat the same on the other side immediately.
- Do this 20 times in a row and as fast as possible.
Time: 10-15 minutes
5. Sumo Squat Pulse on Heels
A simple yet effective workout, the sumo squat pulse on heels only needs you to be in your comfortable workout gear. It’s very convenient to perform, but it’s highly useful in burning those stubborn inner thigh fats.
- Stand straight with your feet apart slightly wider than your shoulder-distance and toes open.
- Raise your hands straight above your head and interlock them.
- Now, lower your torso into a squat position (your torso should be slightly lower than your knees).
- Pause like that for a few seconds.
- Now, lift your torso back up while lifting your toes slightly so the weight is on your heels.
This is one rep. Now, do 20 of these.
Time: 10 minutes
6. Inner Thigh Circles
This inner thigh fat loss is just the perfect routine for all of us women, even those who like to practice safe and effective workouts to build strength during pregnancy. And, it’s one of those routines that can be done even when you are in front of the TV or watching your favorite shows on Netflix.
- Lay down comfortably on your right side (you could use a floor mat if the floor is cold or uncomfortable) with your head rested nicely on your arms bent.
- Place the palms of your right hand comfortably in front of your belly and gently lift and cross your right leg bringing it to the front in a bent position so your right foot rests in front of your left thigh.
- Now, lift the left leg that is rested high with your toe pointed outwards.
- Draw 10-20 imaginary circles with the pointed toe.
- Now, change sides and repeat the exercise on the other side.
Time: 10-15 minutes.
7. Supine Inner Thigh Lift
Don’t we just wish all our body fat would disappear while we lay on our backs and do nothing? This exercise is that ‘dream come true’ with a slight twist. But, trust me, it works on those thighs beautifully.
- Place a floor mat and lie comfortably on your back with your arms resting slightly far from your body on the sides with palms faced down.
- Lift both the legs towards the ceiling.
- Keep the left leg elevated and lower the right leg to the side as far as you can without lifting the hips from the ground.
- Bring the leg back to the starting positing and squeeze both legs together on top.
- Repeat this 15 times on one leg and then switch legs.
Time – 15 minutes
8. Plié Squats
This one is another simple inner thigh workout that can be performed anywhere – home, park, gym. The Plié Squats workout not only tones your inner thighs but also strengthens your lower body and work the entire legs. An all-in-one routine for better and sassier legs? Yes, please.
- Stand in a comfortable position with your torso upright, legs far apart (at least shoulder-width), and toes pointed out.
- Keeping your upper body and pelvis straight, lower your body gently as close to the floor as you can (without forcing).
- Hold the position for a moment while you squeeze the inner glutes and return to the initial position.
- Repeat 15-20 times.
If you feel imbalanced, feel free to hold on to the park rail or something of the sort as long as you don’t depend on it entirely.
Time: 10-15 minutes
9. Sumo Squat Jack
If you are a beginner, this may feel a little rigorous, but no gain without pain, right? The name of this routine says it all – its squats and jumping jack combined into one routine to work those fats fast and tone your inner thighs.
- Stand upright with your feet placed wider apart (slightly farther than shoulder-width) and turn the toes open.
- Bend your knees and lower your buttocks down until your knees are bent a good 90 degrees.
- Cross the arms and place them in front of your chest.
- From this position, jump up so that your legs come together and lift your arms straight up while you take the jump.
- Immediately, jump back down in the squat position.
- Repeat 20 times.
Time: 15-20 minutes
10. Inner-Thigh Inside Piques
How about burning those inner thighs with a little ballet-like grace? This move is heavily inspired by the dance form and works on your inner thighs as well as helps in flexing the butts.
- Stand comfortably with your body in an upright position and legs shoulder-width apart.
- Now, slowly, with your left leg pressed firmly to the floor, extend the right leg and lift it from the ground in a way that it crosses towards the left side. While Crossing, cross it with squeezing your inner thighs and make sure to rotate the heel up.
- Shift your left hip to the side and begin the Piques.
- Do as many reps as you can (minimum 10, maximum 50) and then switch sides.
Time – 15-30 minutes
11. Reverse Clamshell with Resistance Band
This routine is one of the most effective workouts to burn fat around the inner as well as outer thighs. It brings balance to the muscles in and around your pelvic floor while reducing the excess fat.
- Lay down comfortably on the floor or a floor mat on your right side with your right leg resting on your left and both bent forward from the knees slightly.
- Place a resistance band around your thighs.
- Now, lift the right angle away from the left, slowly keeping the soul of your feet together.
- Do it 15 times before switching to the other side.
Time: 10-15 minutes
Having a toned thigh is as important as the rest of your body. But, if you start losing focus, remember those hot pants that you are dying to fit into, and stay inspired!
I hope you liked my favorite 11 handpicked workouts routines to lose your inner thigh fat. They work effectively, so its time to try them.