White bread is one of those ingredients which is used to make so many tasty dishes like sandwiches, bread pizza or toast.
You can make this soft white bread at home easily. Just follow our recipe and you will make it yourself in a few minutes. So let’s start.
- Microwave oven
Preparation Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 292 – calories
- 6.5 gram – total fat
- 15.3 mg – cholesterol
- 440.6 mg- sodium
- 51.1 gram – total carbohydrate
- 4.8 gram – sugar
- 6.9 gram- protein
- Warm Water – 1 ½ Cups
- Sugar – 3 Tbsp
- Active Dry Yeast -1 Tbsp
- Room temperature Butter – 4 Tbsp or oil
- Salt – 1 ½ tsp
- Milk – 1 tsp
- All-Purpose Flour – 3-4 Cups
- Take a mixer bowl and add active yeast and sugar in it.
- Now add lukewarm water around 1 cup and mix it.
- Let it get foamy.
- Now take a large bowl and add 3 cups of flour and 1 tsp of salt.
- Mix it well.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of oil. If you are health conscious you can use olive oil. You can add butter instead of oil.
- Now add yeast mixture. Mix it well with a wooden spoon. While mixing you will feel that the dough is sticky.
- With your hands knead the dough for 10 minutes or till it becomes soft and light. If you feel it’s still sticky you can add some more flour and knead it and if you feel it’s dry then add a little bit of lukewarm water and knead.
- Now cover the bread with a kitchen cloth and keep it aside for 2 hours as we have added dry active yeast.
- After 2 hours remove the soft clean kitchen cloth, you will see the dough has doubled in size.
- Now take a loaf pan and add oil or butter for greasing.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Now with your finger, give the dough a round, flat or square shape and roll it.
- Make a rolled dough and then press a little bit and with your fingers and smoothen. Apply this step on loaf sides too.
- Now place it on a baking loaf pan and cover it with a kitchen cloth and keep it in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Loaf size will rise.
- Now preheat the microwave oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Now with a knife make one long slash at the center.
- Now brush the surface with milk.
- Now place the pan in a preheated microwave oven and bake it for 40 minutes.
- When the loaf turns golden brown and the sides get separated from the pan, take out the baking loaf pan and let it cool down for 3 minutes.
- Now check whether it’s cooked or not. Tap on bread if you hear a hollow sound it’s baked but if you don’t you need to bake it for a few more minutes. You can also check it by lifting bread from one end and if the bottom is pale, bake it for 5 minutes more.
- Transfer the ready homemade bread immediately onto a plate; don’t leave it in the pan as it will become soggy.
- When it cools down, enjoy your homemade white bread with butter or make sandwiches.