You want to cook something tasty plus healthier for your family then you can try this easy recipe of humbugger stew. This dish is prepared with wholesome ingredients which are very good for health and you will feel nice by serving it to your family.
All the ingredients used in this are easily available in grocery markets and many of those are already available in your home most of the time.
If you are a beginner and you haven’t entered the kitchen yet then too you can make this yummy dish super tasty in your first attempt. Follow the given recipe and prepare it
After tasting your easy hamburger stew your family will be surprised and will praise your cooking skills. You too will feel to make it frequently and serve to your family and friends.
This is healthy and tasty recipe which everyone should try to make it at home.
- Dutch oven / heavy stockpot
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- Lean ground beef -1 1/2 pounds
- Chopped medium onion – 1
- Minced garlic – 2 cloves
- Dried oregano -1 teaspoon
- Dried parsley -1 teaspoon
- Crushed rosemary -1/2 teaspoon
- Thyme leaves -1/2 teaspoon
- Peeled and chopped carrots – 4
- Peeled and cut in small cubes russet potatoes – 2
- Fire roasted tomatoes -1 (14.5) ounce can
- Low sodium beef broth -1 1/4 cup
- Tomato paste -2 tablespoons
- Frozen baby peas -2/3 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on your Dutch oven and set to medium heat. You can use heavy stockpot too.
- Now add ground beef and cook it till it turns brown in color.
- When the ground beef is half brown add chopped onion. Cook till onion gets soft and beef is brown and cooked. Drain the excess grease.
- Now simmer the heat to low and add minced garlic, parsley, oregano, thyme and rosemary and stir and cook for one minute.
- Add carrots, potatoes and fire roasted tomatoes.
- Take a big bowl and add tomato paste and beef broth and whisk together.
- Now pour broth mixture in beef pan it and stir. Now lower the flame to sim and cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add peas and cover it again and cook till carrots and potatoes are cooked and becomes tender. Spread some salt and pepper as per taste
- You can use lean chili grind beef or lean ground beef. Do drain the excess grease when onions are cooked.
- If you don’t have fire roasted tomatoes you can use diced tomatoes.
- Gold, red or russet potatoes will go with this recipe.
- You can store leftover in airtight container and keep in fridge. You can store up to 3 days. If you want to store for more time you have to freeze it in Ziploc freezer bag.