This is a super quick and easy recipe. As a mother of two I have my hands full with managing the house and the kids. Hence, I am all for meals that can be cooked and served hassle free.
So here is a completely no fuss recipe that is delicious and healthy at the same time. It so creamy and flavourful that it makes this recipe a favourite dinner at my home.
Chicken noodle casserole makes for a perfect week night dinner for its simplicity and ease of cooking.
Another good part of this recipe is, that it can be frozen. You can store this for a good period of 3 months. All you have to do is assemble the entire thing in a casserole that has a lid.
And when you wan to cook, all you have to do is thaw it, spread the cheese on top of it and bake it. If the casserole has not got enough time to thaw, then it might take a longer to bake.
- 3- quart casserole dish
- Spoon/ spatula
- Cooking spray
Chicken noodle casserole
- Time for preparation: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Calories: 286 Cal
- Protein: 11 grams
- Egg noodles – 12 oz
- Boiled and shredded chicken – 2 cups
- 2 cans of Cream of chicken soup – 21 oz
- Frozen mixed vegetables – 2 cups
- Cheddar cheese – 1 cup
- Sour cream – 1 ½ cups
- Onion powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Garlic powder – ⅛ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Start with preheating the oven at 350֯ F or 180֯ C.
- Spray the 3-quart casserole dish with a non-stick cooking spray and keep it aside.
- In a pan, cook the egg noodles. For perfectly cooked noodles, follow the instructions given at the back of the noodle packet.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain it in a colander and let it rest aside.
- Now take a large bowl, and add 2 cups of cooked and shredded chicken, 21 oz (2 cans) cream of chicken soup, 1 ½ cups sour cream, and 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Mix all these together so that the chicken is well coated with the other ingredients.
- Once all the ingredients are well combined, season it with salt to taste, ¼ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder.
- To this bowl, add the cooked noodles, mix well and pour this complete mixture into the prepared 3-quart casserole dish.
- Spread 1 cup cheddar cheese on top of the casserole and bake it for 25-30 minutes or till the cheese on the top is golden brown in color.
Tips and tricks:
- You can also use rotisserie chicken instead of the plain chicken. Shred the chicken off the bones before you use them.
- Thawing the frozen vegetables is not mandatory for this recipe.
- Do not cook the noodles completely. Cook it to al dente as it will further cook in the oven.
- To prevent the noodles from sticking to each other after draining, pour cold water on it and drizzle some oil on it. Pouring cold water will stop the noodles from cooking further.
- Cream of chicken soup can be replaced with cream mushroom or cream of celery soup.