The smell of a freshly baked Apple Pie in your kitchen feels divine, isn’t it? Who can resist the call of a scrumptious and flaky Apple Pie? If you are an apple lover then you are sure to love this.
This Apple pie recipe is my favourite and I am sure once you try this, it’s gonna be yours favourite too. It is a keeper and is super easy to make. If you want to indulge and satiate your sweet tooth with an apple pie then this is your ‘GO TO’ recipe.
The recipe doesn’t call for fancy equipment, you would be able to whip this Apple pie with some simple equipment available at home.
- Cooking spray
- Baking sheet
- Wooden spoon
- Aluminum foil
Apple Pie Recipe
Time for preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Calories: 354 Cal
Proteins: 3 grams
- 9-inch-pie crust (unbaked) – 2
- Granny Smith Apples – 8 cups (peeled and thinly sliced)
- Brown sugar – ⅓ cup
- White sugar – ⅓ cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1Teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder – ¾ Teaspoon
- Salt –¼ Teaspoon
- Heavy cream – 1 Tablespoon
- Flour – ¼ cup
- Corse sanding sugar (aka turbinado Sugar) – 1 Tablespoon
- Preheat the oven, this is the first step at 425° F (220° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, put the peeled and thinly sliced apples. (An apple peeler and slicer will save your time.)
- In another bowl mix together ¼ cup flour, 1teaspoon cinnamon powder, ¾ teaspoon nutmeg powder, ⅓ cup brown sugar, ⅓ cup white sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle the above mix generously on the apples and stir them carefully. Do not over mix them. Make sure that the apples are completely coated with the powder mix.
- Now it’s time to assemble the pie. Take the sprayed deep dish 9-inch pie plate and place one pie crust on it.
- Place the apple mixture evenly on the pie crust. Do not worry if your pie plate is completely filled with apples. That is what makes the pie juicy.
- Cover the apples with the second pie crust. Lattice top looks best on this pie but you can choose to be creative and make your own design.
- To seal the pie press both the pie crust on the edges.
- Finish it with brushing the top pie crust with heavy cream and sprinkle the coarse sanding sugar.
- Place the pie plate on a baking tray that is lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake it at 425° F for around 45 – 50 minutes. (Time taken by your oven may vary). Check it after 30 minutes to see the browning of the crust. Bake it till your pie is nice and golden from top. The juice from the apple might ooze out from the sides, don’t worry.
- Once done, let your pie rest for at least 4 hours. Letting it rest will give you clean slices.
- And then you can enjoy your Apple Pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or any of your favourite combination.
Tips and Tricks:
- Use a sharp serrated knife to get clean pieces of your pie.
- Do not cover the pie completely with pie crust. The lattice top helps the steam out and protects it from getting soggy.
- I used Granny Smith apple for best results.