These keto pumpkin bars are the most guilt free bars. What else could one want! These pumpkin bars are a healthier version of the traditional one.
The nice, rich, thick layer of frosting on the bars makes it taste delectable. I am sure you won’t be able to stop at one.
- Baking dish
- Spoon/ spatula
Keto pumpkin bars
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Cream cheese 6 ounces (at the room temperature)
- Butter – ¼ cup (melted)
- Powdered sweetener – ½ cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Almond milk or heavy cream – as required
For pumpkin bars:
- Pumpkin puree – ½ cup
- Eggs – 2, large
- Golden sweetener – ⅓ cup
- Butter – 2 tablespoons, melted
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Almond flour – 1¼ cups
- Pumpkin spice – 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder – 2 teaspoons
- Baking soda – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – pinch
The pumpkin bars:
- Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish and keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven at 350֯
- In a mixing bowl, combine together ½ cup pumpkin puree, 2 large eggs, ⅓ cup sweetener, 2 tablespoon melted butter, and 2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Whisk it to combine well.
- To this add 1¼ cups almond flour, 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice, 2 teaspoons baking powder, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, and pinch of salt. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly till the batter is smooth and without lumps.
- Time to pour the batter into the baking dish which is already greased one. Bake these keto pumpkin bars in the oven for 25-30 minutes. To check the doneness of the bar, insert a toothpick at the center. If the toothpick comes out clean then consider your bar to be done. If not, then bake it for a little longer or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool completely in the baking dish before you start frosting.
- In a bowl, add 6 ounces of cream cheese (kept at room temperature), ¼ cup melted butter, ½ cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. With an electric beater mix all the ingredients till you achieve a smooth and creamy texture.
- Add the almond milk or cream in small quantity (1 spoon at a time), if required.
- The frosting needs to be thick but you should also be able to spread it.
- Once you have achieved the desired consistency of the frosting, spread it on the pumpkin bars.
- The keto pumpkin bars are ready to be served. Store them in the fridge if it is to be eaten later.
Tips and tricks
- Do not hasten the step of cooling the pumpkin bars before you start frosting them. Not cooling the bars completely, will result in the melting of the frosting.
- If stored well, the pumpkin bars will stay good in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. It tastes better when served cold.
- I recommend using the store-bought pumpkin puree. The home-made puree is way wetter. If using the home-made one, then make sure you drain out as much liquid as possible. Or else you would end up having mushy pumpkin bars.