There are thousands of methods to cook chicken noodle soup. Yet, this version of making this get well soon soup includes all the ingredients that every mom or grandma makes for you.
Apart from that, this soup recipe is so easy. That makes your heart healthy and enduring especially, in cold winters.
Recipe Of Chicken Noodle Soup
The nutritional values will vary as per ingredients and cooking methods. However, the following is the detailed recipe of this wonderful dish along with other details:
- Chicken thigh- 8 (bone-in)
- Skinless Chicken breasts- 1.5 pounds
- Water- 3 quarts
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Onion- 2 large (chopped)
- Carrots- 6 (chopped)
- Celery- 5 stalks (chopped)
- Garlic- 5 cloves (minced)
- Salt- 2 tsp to taste
- Black pepper- 1 tsp
- Lemon- 1 (juiced)
- Bay leaves- 2
- Favorite noodles- 12 ounces wide
- Fresh parsley in chopped form for garnish
Every eight servings include:
- Calories- 396 kcalories
- Carbohydrates- 34 g
- Protein- 41 g
- Fat- 9 g includes Saturated Fat- 2 g
- Cholesterol- 170 mg
- Sodium- 802 mg
- Potassium- 734 mg
- Fiber- 2 g
- Sugar- 2 g
- Vitamin A- 1430IU
- Vitamin C- 4.4 mg
- Calcium- 56 mg
- Iron: 2 mg
Total Time Needed For Recipe
Preparation Time- 15 minutes
Cooking Time- 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time- 1 hour 45 minutes
Instructions To Follow
- In a stockpot, add chicken thighs and chicken breasts. Now, boil 3 quarts of water and turn the heat to simmer. Keep it there for 30-45 minutes.
- As broth gets boiled, cook chopped vegetables with olive oil in a medium-heated oven. After 4-5 minutes, add the onion and stir till they become translucent. Then add carrots, celery and cook for at least 10-15 minutes. Stir it often and add garlic in the last two minutes.
- When both these steps end, reduce the heat and shift the chicken to a cutting board. Use a strainer to strain the broth same as the vegetables. Also, shred the chicken.
- Now, add the shredded chicken to the pot and bring it to a boil. Decrease the heat and steam the mix for 30 minutes or till vegetables get thoroughly cooked.
- After that, add salted water to a large pot and bring it to a boil. Then add noodles for cooking. Toss the noodles with olive oil. At last, drain, rinse and set it aside.
- To serve, first, add noodles to every bowl. Then pour the soup directly on them. Garnish it with chopped parsley, if needed.
- You can use low-sodium chicken stock and shredded rotisserie chicken to save a while.
- For a low-carb diet, serve this soup with zucchini noodles.
- You can also alter the quantity of seasoning as required.
That is how you should make chicken noodle soup. For more prolonged consumption, freeze it in containers or zip-lock bags.
And for reheating, you need to heat the soup and noodles separately. Enjoy it with cornbread, croutons, saltine crackers, and garden salad as per your preferences.
Did you like the recipe? Do share with us in the comments below how it worked out for you.