The first thing anyone will tell you when they know that you are eating healthy or trying to lose weight is not consuming rice.
The reason behind that is the very fact where people lack knowledge. Our recipe of keto Spanish cauliflower rice lets you each as much as you want without putting those extra calories in your stomach.
From being extremely easy to prepare to tasting delicious, you will never have to think about not eating rice ever again or especially when you are trying to eat healthily.
Time required for preparation: 5-7 minutes
Time required for cooking: 15-20 minutes
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Frozen cauliflower rice (10 oz.)
- Diced tomato and green chillies (10 oz.)
- Chilli powder (1/2 tablespoon)
- Cumin (1 tablespoon)
- Garlic powder (1 tablespoon)
- Onion (1) (diced)
- Salt and pepper (according to taste)
- Start with defrosting your bag of frozen cauliflower rice so that when you put it in the pan, it does not end up leaving water behind.
- After the frozen cauliflower rice bag is defrosted properly, take a pan and put it over medium heat until it turns a little hot.
- Proceed to add in your olive oil and let it heat a little bit.
- Add your diced onion into the pan and make sure not to increase or decrease the heat as you do not want the onions to get burnt or be undercooked.
- Keep stirring the onions for about 5-7 minutes till you start seeing them getting translucent. Try to press it with the spatula to check whether they have become tender or not.
- Once they are tender enough, proceed to add in your cauliflower rice which you have already defrosted and kept aside.
- With the cauliflower rice, also add in your can of tomatoes, chilli powder (according to taste),garlic powder and cumin.
- Make sure you mix all these properly or else it can affect the all over taste of the dish.
- After about 5-7 minutes when you see that all the ingredients in the pan have mixed properly, throw in your salt and pepper (according to your taste).
- Let it sit in the pan for about 4-5 minutes more so that all the flavours of the different vegetables and spices can get soaked up in the dish.
- Serve it while it is warm.
- Make sure to be careful with the green chilies as they can be spicy.
- You can also add in any other vegetables of your choice to make the dish more interesting.
No more of not eating rice and more of eating them whenever you want.