When somebody says salad, all we can think of is a bowl full of bland vegetables. Now, what if I tell you that there is no need to have those boring bland salads anymore.
You can very well watch your weight with this amazing recipe of taco salad where you would not want to stop eating. Be it dinner or lunch, keep your weight in check with this amazing salad dish.
- Time required for preparation: 15 minutes
- Time required for cooking: 12 minutes
- Calories: 433kcal
- Packet of taco seasoning (1)
- Water (2/3 cup)
- Iceberg lettuce (1)
- Onion (1)
- Ground beef (1lb)
- Kidney beans (1 can) (drained)
- Cheddar cheese (½ cup)
- Tomatoes (2)
- Dorito’s nacho cheese tortillas chips (crushed)
- French salad dressing (8 ounces)
- Let’s start with cooking our ground beef in a large pan or pot over some medium heat. Make sure to cook the meat up until it changes colours from pink to brown.
- Now drain it and add in your taco seasoning mix with some water. Make sure to stir it properly so that no lumps are formed.
- Once the water has started boiling, reduce the heat from medium to low and let it be on a low heat for a while.
- Keep on stirring for in between until you see that the mixture has started to get thick. Once this starts happening, take off from the heat.
- While the water is cooling on one side, let’s get started with our salad. Take the lettuce first and place it in a bowl. Make sure that the bowl has some depth.
- Once it is placed, get on to your other vegetables which should be chopped and kept by now.
- Onion, beans, corn, tomatoes, and any other vegetables of your choice can be added to the bowl.
- Proceed to add your cheese and toss the salad around so that everything gets mixed properly.
- Now is the time to add our ground beef which we kept aside for cooling.
- Add that and our crushed Dorito nachos which have been already crushed. Again, toss the entire salad a few times more to get that full flavor of everything that is there in the bowl.
- Garnish with some fresh thyme or parsley and you can also add a few nachos on the top for the look and that extra cheese flavour.
Don’t keep on eating those boring salads and make your taco salad today!