Strawberry is the favorite fruit for many people and when we combine it with a delicious and tasty cake, it becomes a delight. So, I am here to tell you the recipe for making the strawberry cake at your home.
We also need some kitchen equipment. But do not worry, you will not have to go buy new utensils or any other kitchen equipment especially to prepare this delicious cake. It can be made easily by using the normal equipment available in the kitchen within no time.
Types of Equipment used for making a strawberry cake:
- Some bowls( bowls of all sizes)
- A set of kitchen knives
- A spatula for mixing
- Basic kitchen cutlery
- Cooking spray
- Baking sheet
- Stand mixer
This equipment is enough to prepare the delicious strawberry cake at your home. In about two hours and 10 mins, the cake will be ready to be served.
Ingredients required for making strawberry cake layers:
- Take all purpose flour – 2 and ½ cups
- 2 and a half cups of quartered strawberries
- 2 and a half small spoons of baking powder
- ½ small spoon of salt
- ¾ cup of unsalted challenge butter
- 1 and a half cups of sugar
- 3 small spoons of vegetable oil
- 4 small spoons of strawberry extract
- 1 small spoon of vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup of milk
- 8-10 drops of pink food color
Ingredients for making frosting:
- 16 oz of challenge cream cheese
- 12 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 and ¼ cups of butter
- 2 and ½ small spoons of vanilla extract
Instructions for making the strawberry cake at home:
- Add the strawberries to the blender and make a puree. You will get 1 and ¼ cups of puree, then strain it and it will become 1 cup.
- Now, put the puree in a saucepan and start reducing it by heating. Keep stirring it and boiling it for 15 to 20 mins or until it becomes ½ cup.
- Put the puree into another cup and allow it to cool or you can even refrigerate it.
- Now, preheat the oven at 350F degrees and prepare three 8 inch cake pans with parchment papers in them and also spray on the sides.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix everything.
- Take a large mixer bowl and add butter, sugar, oil, strawberry extract, and vanilla extract, and beat them together in it. Do this for 2-3 mins until it becomes fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until it becomes moist.
- Now, add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix it well.
- Now, add the milk, strawberry reduction, and 8 drops of the food color and mix everything well.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix everything well.
- Divide the batter into 2 equal parts and put them into the cake pans and bake it for 20-25 mins.
- Time to take out the cake from oven and then keep the cake outside to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until they become smooth in a bowl.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and mix until they are well combined and become smooth.
- After that, add vanilla extract and mix them together.
- Slowly add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until they are combined.
Assemble the cake and it is then ready to be served.