Whenever I get free time from my busy schedule I love to make desserts. This weekend i tried raspberry pie. It comes out so delicious that i decided to share the recipe with my readers too.
So guys get ready to make this super tasty raspberry pie.
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Calories: 365kcal
- Fat: 16g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Potassium: 107mg
- Sodium: 206mg
- Sugar: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Vitamin C: 12mg
- Vitamin A: 506IU
- Iron: 2mg
- Calcium: 21mg
Ingredients for the crust:
- All purpose flour – 3 cups
- Granulated sugar -2 tablespoons
- Salt -1 teaspoon
- Small chunks of cold unsalted butter – 1 cup
- Lemon juice -1/2 teaspoon
- Ice cold water -6-7 tablespoons
Ingredients for the filling
- Fresh raspberries – 4 cups
- Cornstarch -5 tablespoons
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Lemon juice -3 tablespoons
Ingredients for finishing:
- Egg -1
- Water – 1 tablespoon
- Coarse sugar -1-2 tablespoons
- Lets prepare crust first.
- Take food processor and add flour, salt and sugar and turn on low speed.
- Add chunks of butter one by one.
- when the mixture looks like Coarse crumbs add ½ tbsp. lemon juice and 6 to 7 tbsp. water slowly.
- When the dough is ready take take out the dough and dump it on the counter.
- Now divide with dough in 2 pieces and wrap with plastic wrap and keep in fridge for 45 minutes.
- Take a bowl and add raspberries to it.
- Now add sugar, corn starch, lemon juice and salt and toss it nicely.
- Keep this filling aside.
- Preheat the oven and set the temperature at 400 degree Fahrenheit.
- Take out the chilled pie dough and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour on counter and rolling pin.
- Take one piece of dough and roll it to a large roll
- Now carefully peel out the dough from counter and gently place backward on rolling pin and then place it to 9-inch pie plate.
- Gently press crust on pie plate. Do set it up to edges.
- Make a layer of raspberry filling and with spatula smooth the top.
- Now take another piece of dough and roll it to larger than the pie plate.
- Now gently place a large roll over the raspberry filling.
- Trim the excess dough over the edges and press the edges.
- Now with the help of a fork make some holes on the top layer of dough.
- Take a bowl and add one egg and one tablespoon of water and mix it.
- Now brush the egg on the top with a light hand.
- Sprinkle coarse sugar and now place the pie plate in the oven and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes and then lessen to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 45 minutes more.
- When the crust turns golden brown take out the pie plate and keeps it aside to get it cool to room temperature.
- Before serving add a scope of ice cream or whipped cream on the top and serve.