Many of us like to eat pumpkins in different ways and different kinds of dishes. Some of the best ways are to eat a pie, make a loaf of bread, or even soup.
Mixing the nutritious pumpkins with chocolate or other sweet things might not be the best choice if you are on a diet. On the other hand, this option can be the best for those who want a tasty and sweet delight.
But what about those who do not like to eat sweet dishes and want something new as well as flavourful. So, for them, I am again here with an amazing and mouth-watering recipe of pumpkin soup that anyone can prepare easily at home. You just put in the ingredients and cook it and your soup will be ready.
The soup can be served to anyone, do not worry about the disadvantages of it. It contains pumpkin which itself is a great health benefit for the health. But yes, there are a few items which make it tasty as well as can disturb anyone’s diet. It is filled with vitamin C and many other nutrition.
We also need some kitchen equipment. But do not worry, you will not have to go buy new utensils or any other kitchen equipment especially to prepare this delicious soup. It can be made easily by using the normal equipment available in the kitchen within no time.
Types of Equipment used for making vanilla cupcakes:
- Some bowls( bowls of all sizes)
- A set of kitchen knives
- A spatula for mixing
- Basic kitchen cutlery
- Gas stove
This equipment is enough to prepare the delicious pumpkin soup at your home. In about an hour, the soup will be ready to be served.
Ingredients required for making pumpkin soup:
- 15 ounces of fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 and a half cups of chopped yellow onion
- 1 small spoon of minced fresh garlic
- 1 small spoon of salt
- ½ small spoon of white pepper
- ½ small spoon fresh thyme
- 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 small spoon of fresh parsley, make sure it is chopped for garnish
Instructions to be followed for making pumpkin soup at home:
- First, take a large saucepan and put it on the stove. Now, put pumpkin puree, onion, garlic, salt, white pepper, thyme, and chicken broth all together in the saucepan and keep it on medium heat. When everything starts to boil, then reduce the heat. Leave everything to simmer and uncover it for 30 mins and keep stirring it occasionally.
- Now, turn off the heat and blend the soup properly. You can do the blending by using an immersion blender or using a food processor.
- Now, boil the soup again and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the soup uncovered for another 30 mins and stir it occasionally.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into the soup and stir it thoroughly to combine everything. Taste the soup to check the flavors and the temperature. If the soup is spicy, just add a little more cream.
- The soup is ready to be served with a parsley or toasted bread.