I like recipes that are quick and easy to make and are healthy at the same. This recipe is one of them.
These truffles are super easy to make and so tasty and flavorful that you and will not be able to stop at one. For a mom it’s all the more convenient because of its popularity with kids.
Chocolate and peanut, who doesn’t like this combination. It tops the favorite list of almost everyone. You will be surprised at how quick they just vanish. Its quick, easy, full of flavors, kids favorite and much more.
So, let’s get started.
This can be prepared without using any special equipment.
- 2 bowls
- Spoon/ spatula/ fork
- Baking sheet
- Flat plate
This is all you would need to whip this beauty.
The best peanut butter chocolate truffles
- Time for preparation: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Calories: 202 Cal
- Proteins: 7 grams
- Peanut butter – 1 cup
- Coconut flour – 1 cup
- Dark chocolate – 1 bar
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Maple syrup – ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract/ essence –1 teaspoon
- Take a large mixing bowl and add 1 cup peanut butter, ¼ cup maple syrup, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract/ essence, 1 cup coconut flour, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- With the help of a spoon, spatula or your fingers combine all this to form a homogenous mixture.
- Then shape this mixture into balls of your desired size. I prefer them of about 1 inch diameter.
- On the other side keep a flat plate lined with a baking sheet ready.
- Now take another bowl, put 1 bar of chopped dark chocolate and melt it in a microwave in bursts of 30 seconds. After every 30 second take the bowl out and stir it so that the chocolate melts evenly.
- Now in this melted chocolate drop the peanuts balls that you have kept ready, one by one. With the help of a fork roll it around and transfer them onto the flat plate lined with the baking sheet.
- Keep a little distance between the chocolate to prevent them from sticking to each other.
- Once you are done dipping all the balls in the melted chocolate and placing them on the flat plate keep it in the refrigerator for about 30 mins. Doing this the chocolate will harden and set.
- 30 mins later, when the chocolate has hardened, you can take out the peanut butter chocolate truffles and enjoy them.
Tips and Tricks:
- You can replace the peanut butter with almond butter.
- While melting the chocolate make sure the chocolate bar is at room temperature.
- I used coconut flour as I think coconut goes very well with chocolate but you can use any flour of your choice like almond flour or oats flour.
- You can adjust the quantity of the maple syrup depending upon how sweet you like your truffles and also the how sweet your dark chocolate is.