Whatever the weather is, summer, winter or spring we can surely enjoy having this tasty bowl of chicken orzo soup in dinner.
This soup can be made whenever you feel hungry and wish to have some healthy plus super tasty soup. In this soup we used orzo instead of traditional noodles.
Lemon juice makes this dish more flavored and yummy. This refreshing soup can be prepared in just half an hour. While making and enjoy this soup you will and your family will be mesmerized with the aroma.
So here it is the easy, quick and surely a hit recipe for you, your family and your friends. You really can’t miss this aromatic yummy lemon chicken orzo soup.
You will find it so tasty and easy to make that you will make it countless time. It will become your family favorite. Our kids will get super excited after seeing this soup on dinner table for them.
- Heavy stockpot
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
Total time needed – 30 minutes
Servings – 5 to 6 people
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Boneless chicken thighs -1 pound
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Minced garlic – 3 cloves
- Diced onion – 1
- Peeled and diced carrots – 3
- Diced celery ribs – 2
- Dried thyme – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chicken stock – 5 cups
- Bay leaves – 2
- Uncooked orzo pasta – 3/4 cup
- Rosemary – 1 sprig
- lemon – 1
- Fresh chopped parsley leaves – 2 tablespoons
- Switch on the flame and place large stockpot.
- Now add 1 tbsp olive oil and then on the medium flame heat it.
- Sprinkle pepper and salt on chicken thigh as per the taste.
- Now add seasoned chicken thighs to stockpot and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- When it turns to golden brown in color take out and keep aside.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil more to the stockpot and heat it.
- Now add minced garlic, chopped onion, chopped celery and chopped carrots and stir.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes till all veggies turns tender and soft. Do stir the mixture frequently.
- Stir in dried thyme for one minute.
- Stir in bay leaves, chicken stock and 1 cup of water and boil.
- Stir in rosemary, orzo and chicken.
- Lower the flame to simmer and cook for 10 minutes or untill orzo turns tender.
- Now add parsley and lemon juice and stir.
- Season the dish with pepper and salt and serve tasty and hot lemon chicken orzo soup immediately.
- You can add on some of your favorite veggies in this refreshing soup like spinach.
- You can add more flavors to this by adding basil.
- Instead of using chicken thighs, you can also use chicken breast
- If you don’t have chicken stock you can add hot water.