Tacos are an all-time favorite for every season and occasion. It is a great dish when you don’t want to put a lot of effort into making it but just want to sit and enjoy them. With just a few ingredients, make your family enjoy this classic dish while binging on your favorite series or movies. A tasty and easy meal that is close to being effortless. So, without wasting any time, let’s have a look at the recipe.
Time required for preparation: 5- 10 minutes
Time required for cooking: 10-15 minutes
Calories: 130 kcal
- Sour cream (3 tablespoons)
- Lime juice (1 tablespoon)
- Pink salt (1/2 tablespoon)
- Garlic powder (1/2 tablespoon)
- Jalapeno (1)
- Leftover cooked carnitas meat (1 pound)
- Cheese (1 cup)
- Start with preheating the oven to about 350 degrees before we start with the cooking.
- While the oven is getting heated up, take a baking sheet and cover it with some parchment paper. This would make sure that your cheese doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Now proceed to place your cheese in circles onto the paper. Make sure you don’t place the circles very close to each other or else they will end up sticking to each other.
- Throw in your pre-cooked meat on the circles of cheese.
- Now put these in the oven and let them be in the oven for about 15-20 minutes before taking them out. Make sure that you don’t over or undercook the cheese as you want to get the proper texture for the perfect Taquitos.
- Once the cheese starts to bubble in the center, remove the baking sheet, and while the cheese is still hot roll it from one side into the desired shape.
- Make sure to use protection so that you don’t end up burning yourself.
- Once you roll them, they will look like hard taco shells. If you wait too long for the cheese to cool down, it will get hard and can even break in the process of rolling.
- The meat will cook with the cheese itself when it is in the oven.
- Now let’s get to the avocado dip that will go with the tacos. This won’t require much time.
- Add all the ingredients of the dip in a food processor and blend it until you get a nice and smooth paste.
- Sprinkle the dip with some lime juice to get that tangy flavour.
Well, these keto tacos are good to go at any time you want them. So no to counting calories while you eat them from now on.