Hey, you love to enjoy non-vegetarian food most of the time and want some unique and creamy dish then you must try Creamy Chicken Enchiladas. This is cooked in white sauce. You start feeling mouth watering right.
When you try this recipe you will become an expert in this tasty and yummy chicken enchiladas dish.
You can serve this dish in your lunch or dinner or as a side dish with the main course. Just try this and you and your family will love the flavor and taste.
- Stand mixer
- Baking dish
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time needed: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 people
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Calories: 502kcal
- Fat: 31g
- Protein: 25g
- Cholesterol: 104mg
- Saturated Fat: 16g
- Potassium: 332mg
- Sodium: 1044mg
- Sugar: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Vitamin C: 5.9mg
- Vitamin A: 720IU
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Calcium: 388 mg
- Shredded, cooked chicken – 2 cups
- Taco size tortillas flour – 10
- Mozzarella or shredded Monterey Jack cheese – 2 cups
- Butter – 3 tablespoon
- Flour – 3 tablespoon
- Chicken broth – 2 cups
- Sour cream – 1 cup
- Diced green chilies – 1 can
- Adobo seasoning
- First switch on the oven and preheat it to 350F degrees.
- Now Spray nonstick cooking spray on a 9″x 13″ baking dish.
- Take a bowl and add cooked shredded chicken. Use a medium-size bowl.
- Now add shredded cheese around 1 cup.
- Now add pepper, salt and adobo seasoning.
- And fill the chicken mixture in the middle of all flour tortillas.
- Now roll flour tortillas and place them all in the baking dish.
- Now take a saucepan and add butter.
- When butter melts, then 3 tbsp add flour and whisk.
- Now cook the mixture.
- When the mixture gets thickens add chicken broth and whisk. Whisk till it turns smooth.
- Now add sour cream and chopped green chiles and stir. Remember the mixture should not boil.
- Switch off the flame before it boils and pours it on all filled flour tortillas.
- Now add remaining shredded cheese at the top.
- Now bake the dish in a preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- When cheese is bubbly and slightly brown, turn off the oven, and yes your yummy chicken enchiladas are ready to serve and eat.
For this dish, you can cook chicken in many ways. You can roast in the oven. Just drizzle chicken breast with olive oil and season it with pepper and salt and cook for 45 minutes.
You can also cook it by boiling it. If you don’t have much time to make this dish you can use rotisserie chicken. It’s up to you in what way you want to cook chicken breast.
When chicken is fully cooked, with two forks shred it. You can use your stand mixer too for this. Just put the chicken in a stand mixer and shred in a minute.