Pasta is an all-time favorite dish for many people. It is easy to make and does not even require a lot of time and energy. Even if you are a beginner in cooking or even do not know how to cook, you can easily make pasta by just following the instructions given on the pasta’s packet.
When we talk about chicken, the first thing which comes to mind is taste and different flavors. Yes, it is true that chicken can be made flavourful using a lot of ways. But what about trying something new and delicious.
So, here I am with the recipe for making creamy lemon chicken pasta at home. This is a very easy and simple recipe which anyone can try.
This recipe can be served in the main course to fulfill your tummy and satisfy your hunger. The best thing about this recipe is that it can be prepared using the leftover chicken. Now, you do not have to worry about the extra chicken. Just make it whenever you feel hungry, even on busy weeknights.
We also need some kitchen equipment. But do not worry, you will not have to go buy new utensils or any other kitchen equipment especially to prepare this delicious pasta. It can be made easily by using the normal equipment available in the kitchen within no time.
Types of Equipment used for making creamy lemon chicken pasta:
- Some bowls( bowls of all sizes)
- A set of kitchen knives
- A spatula for mixing
- Basic kitchen cutlery
- Gas stove
This equipment is enough to prepare the delicious creamy lemon chicken pasta at your home. In about half an hour, the pasta will be ready to be served.
Ingredients required for making creamy lemon chicken pasta:
- 8 ounces of uncooked pasta
- 2 spoons of butter
- ½ spoon of flour
- 1 minced clove garlic
- ¼ cup of chicken broth/ veg broth or can even use white wine
- ½ small spoon lemon juice + zest of ½ lemon
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of cooked/ rotisserie chicken shredded
- ⅓ cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Use fresh parsley and extra parm for garnish
Instructions to be followed for making creamy lemon chicken pasta:
- Start boiling a pot of salted water to cook the pasta. Follow the instructions given on the packet of pasta and cook ki accordingly.
- When the pasta is almost done from being totally cooked or say it’s 10 min away, just add the butter to a skillet over a medium-high flame. Now, when it melts, sprinkle the flour in it and cook for about a minute, and stir it.
- Then, add the garlic, followed by broth and lemon juice + zest. Let the bubbles come out for a minute.
- Whisk the cream and then stir in the chicken. Now, cook it for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened up to your liking.
- Now, stir in the parmesan cheese and take the skillet off the heat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet and toss until it gets completely coated. Your pasta is ready to be served with a little more parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.