These pumpkin muffins are super moist, buttery, and flavourful. It is best tea time muffins ever. The aroma of the muffin is such that you won’t be able to stop at one.
The warm flavours of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves with pumpkin really gel with each other. So, give it a try and see how quickly they vanish.
- Muffin pan
- Spoon/ spatula
Cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For the muffins:
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups (260g)
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Large eggs – 2
- Pumpkin puree – 1½ cups (350g)
- Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – ½ teaspoon
- Cinnamon – 1 tablespoon
- Nutmeg powder – 1½ teaspoon
- Ground ginger – 1 teaspoon
- Ground cloves – ½ teaspoon
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup (270g)
- Packed light brown sugar – ½ cup (112g)
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Unsalted butter – ½ cup (melted)
For cinnamon sugar coating:
- Sugar – ¼ cup (52g)
- Cinnamon powder – 4 teaspoons
- Unsalted butter – 3 tablespoons (42g), melted
- Start with preheating the oven to 350֯ F or 176֯ C.
- Next line the muffin pan with liners.
- In a bowl add 2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder, 1½ teaspoon nutmeg powder, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, and ½ teaspoon salt. Mix together all the ingredients in the bowl and keep it aside.
- In another bowl whisk together ½ cup melted butter, 1 cup granulated sugar and, ½ cup light brown sugar. Combine it well.
- Now add ¼ cup milk to it and mix well again. Then add 1½ cups pumpkin puree, 2 eggs, and 2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Take the bowl with the dry ingredients and gradually keep adding the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well till it is just combined. Don’t overmix it.
- Now take the muffins pan kept ready with the liners and fill about ¾ full. Leaving space for it to rise.
- Bake in the oven for about 18-24 minutes. The baking time may differ depending upon the type of oven you have.
- You can insert a toothpick to check the doneness of the muffins.
- Once done, remove the muffins from the oven and cool.
- Till the muffins cool on a wire rack, prepare the cinnamon and sugar mix to coat the muffins.
- In a small bowl mix together 4 teaspoon cinnamon powder with ¼ cup sugar.
- In another bowl melt 3 tablespoon butter.
- To coat the muffins, either dip the muffin top in the melted butter or brush the muffins with butter and then dip them one by one in the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
Tips and tricks:
- Baking time vary from oven to oven, so check them few minutes before the mentioned time in the recipe.
- You can store them in an airtight container and they are best consumed within 2-3 days.
- You can use homemade pumpkin puree or use a canned one.