Cinnamon and Banana – a match made in heaven. When there is something that’s baking with banana and cinnamon in it, your kitchen smells divine. Muffins are an instant hit with the kids.
These cinnamon banana bread muffins are nothing but bread shaped like muffins, that makes them easy to store and serve.
They are loaded with the goodness of banana, the aroma of cinnamon and not to forget the burst of buttery feel in your mouth.
No special or fancy equipment needed here, not even a mixer. A bowl and spoon is all you need to whip this beauty.
- Large mixing bowl
- Spatula or a spoon
- Baking tray/ muffin tray/ muffin cups
Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffin
- Time for preparation: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Calories: 254 Cal
- Proteins: 3 grams
For the banana bread muffins:
- All-purpose flour – 1 ⅔ cup
- Mashed banana – ⅔ cup
- Large eggs – 2
- Granulated sugar – ⅔ cup
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon – ½ teaspoon
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable, canola oil or any flavor less oil – ½ cup
For the Cinnamon and sugar topping:
- Melted butter – 3 tablespoon
- Granulated sugar – ¼ cup
- Ground Cinnamon – ½ teaspoon
- Preheat the oven at 375֯ F.
- Take a muffin tray with 12 portions or 12 regular muffin cups and using a cooking spray, spray the bottom of it or you could even use liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together 2 large eggs, ½ cup canola oil, and ⅔ cup sugar, till it becomes a homogenous mixture. Add to this ⅔ cup mashed bananas (about 2 small bananas) and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix well.
- To this add 1 ⅔ cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon. Mix well till everything is just combined.
- Your batter is ready and now divide it into 12 equal portions in your muffin tray or cups. Fill the ¾ of the cups, leaving space for it to rise.
- Place the tray or the cups in the oven and bake it for around 17-21 minutes. Keep an eye on your muffins as the baking time varies from oven to oven.
- Bake them till the top is nice golden and round and check the doneness by inserting a toothpick in it. If it comes out clean then consider your muffins done. If your muffins look wet on the top then it needs more baking time.
- Remove the muffins from the tray or the cups and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Now for your cinnamon and sugar topping, mix together ¼ cup granulated sugar, and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- In a separate small bowl melt 3 tablespoon butter.
- Now dip each muffin, one by one, in melted butter and then in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- They are ready to be served.
You can enjoy your muffins just like that, or warm, or with a scoop of ice cream. I like to have my muffins a little warm. Happy baking.