You must be buying readymade cookies from the offline and online stores but have you tried to make it at home. You should as it’s very easy to make supremely soft Chocolate Sugar Cookies at home.
You can make it in just around 20 to 25 minutes and your cookies will turn out so yummy and chewy that you will stop buying from stores today itself. Your kids would love to have these yummy cookies whenever they feel like eating something tasty in the evening.
You can store these in an airtight container for a week in a fridge. If you want to store it more, then you have to store it in a freezer that covers it with layers of parchment paper. If you are keeping it at room temperature it’s better to finish within 3 to 4 days.
Equipment Needed –
- Microwave oven
Preparation Time: 15
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
Servings: 30 cookies
- Calories – 136
- Cholesterol- 28.7mg
- Total Fat – 6.8g
- Total Carbohydrate – 18.6g
- Sodium – 87.1mg
- Sugars – 11.7g
- Vitamin C 0%
- Vitamin A6%
- All-purpose flour -1 3/4 cups
- Natural unsweetened cocoa powder -3/4 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Baking powder -1/4 tsp
- Salt -1/2 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 1 cup
- Granulated sugar1 1/2 cups
- Large eggs – 2
- Vanilla extracts -1 tsp
- Sugar – 1/4 cup for rolling
- Preheat the microwave oven to 350 degrees temperature.
- Take baking sheets and place silicone baking mats or parchment paper on it.
- Take a bowl and add all-purpose flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder and mix to combine nicely.
- Take a big bowl and add butter and sugar in it and blend with a blender till it becomes a fluffy and slight change in color.
- When they find changes in color add eggs one by one and mix it well till it combines nicely with butter and sugar mixture.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix it nicely.
- Add dry ingredients which we combined in a separate bowl.
- Mix it nicely till the dough is ready and well combined. The dough should be thick so don’t over mix while kneading.
- Now with the help of a rubber spatula set the dough like a cohesive ball.
- Divide the dough and make small balls of cookies.
- Take a plate and add sugar to it so that you can coat each cookie with sugar nicely.
- Now set all the coated dough balls on the baking sheet and with the help of glass gently press the cookies dough to give a nice flat shape. Do press the glass gently and a little bit.
- Now bake the cookies for around 7 to 8 minutes. Don’t over-bake cookies.
- Take out the cookies. You will find cookies fluffy but as it cools down they will fall a bit.
- Allow the cookies to cool down for 4 to 5 minutes on a baking sheet and then transfer it to a wire rack so that cookies can cool completely.
- Add exact amount of all purpose flour in the dish.