It’s movie time! Which is the first thing that appears to you when you hear this?
Your answer is a bucket of caramel popcorn. Caramel popcorn is a soft and sweet treat that is loved not only by children but adults as well.
This popcorn recipe hardly takes twenty minutes to finish. That makes it super easy to cook, especially if you are a beginner.
Let us not waste time anymore and jump into the reading procedure of making caramel popcorn.
Recipe of Caramel Popcorn
For the regular serving of 5 quarts of popcorn:
- Preparation time- Just 5 minutes
- Cooking time- Not more than 15 minutes
- Total time- 20 minutes
And as far as the nutritional value is involved, one serving includes:
- Energy- 314 kcalories
- Fat- 10 gm
- Fiber- 4 gm
- Protein- 3 gm
- Carbohydrates – 53 gm
Ingredients To Make Caramel Popcorn
For cooking popcorn, the required ingredients are:
- Corn Kernels- ¼ cup
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Sugar- ⅓ cup
- Vanilla Essence- ¼ teaspoon
- Butter- 2 teaspoon
- Water- ⅛ cup
- Use popcorn kernels instead of regular pop kernels for the recipe. First, keep a wide-bottomed thick pan on a medium flame.
- Then add two tablespoons of oil to it. Swivel and whirl the pan for a few seconds so that oil gets evenly dispersed.
- To check the right temperature, add a few kernels to it. After a few seconds and see whether they pop up or not. When they pop, add a few more pop kernels. Quickly stir them and cover them with a lid.
- To save them from intense heat, you can remove the pan from the flame for two seconds and place it again. Repeat this process until all kernels get popped.
- Now place a saucepan and pour ⅛ cups of water and ⅓ sugar into it. Then add butter and allow it to get melted.
- When the mixture becomes frothy and slightly modifies its color, add vanilla essence to them.
- On adding vanilla essence, the color of the mix gets changed from light to a more dark color. Swirl the pan on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- When the texture or sauce gets thicker, switch the flame off to add cooked popcorns. Start mixing them. Do not worry if it gets sticky and keep mixing.
- At last, shift it to a foil paper or baking sheet. Let it rest for more than five minutes. Your caramel popcorn recipe is ready. Serve them cool.
- Do not use a spoon for mixing popcorn with melted sugar.
- While pouring the hot sauce on popcorn, make sure you keep the flame low.
- Make sure when the sauce turns golden brown, you immediately add popcorn to it. Otherwise, you cannot mix it well once it hardens.
Wrapping It Up
That is how you should make caramel popcorn. Desserts like caramel popcorn are versatile. And you can use them for every movie night!
Yet, this can get easily spoiled if not stored properly. So to retain crispiness and freshness, put them in airtight containers or freezer bags.