We all look for something tasty as well as healthy when following a specific diet plan. Well, the perfect dish is here.
Cabbage soup is one dish that can never grow old and is an all-time favorite for kids as well as grown-ups. With so many vegetables, gone are the days when you only used to get boiled water with salt as soup.
- Time required for preparation: 15 minutes
- Time required for cooking: 20 minutes
- Calories: 84 kcal
- Onions (2)
- Carrots (2)
- Sweet yellow pepper (1)
- Sweet red pepper (1)
- Cabbage (1) (medium)
- Stock/ bouillon cube (1)
- Garlic cloves (3)
- Tomato puree (1 tablespoon)
- Salt and pepper (according to taste)
- Take a large pot and spray it with calorie-controlled oil spray.
- Make sure that the oil is nice and warm and till that time, get to chopping.
- Now for the vegetables, you can cut them as small and as big as you want them. Just make sure that they are not chopped very small as they will end up dissolving in the soup.
- Once the oil is hot, add the carrots, onions, celery, and sweet peppers. The only thing we have to do here is sauteed the vegetables to make sure that once they are put in the soup, the crunch is still there.
- Also sautéing the vegetables are a good idea to make sure that none of them are raw at any point.
- Once the vegetables have softened, add the garlic cloves which are finely chopped, and some fresh thyme for the aroma. Let the pot sit on the heat for about one to two minutes.
- Time to add the tomato puree for the tangy touch.
- Once everything is sitting nicely, the final addition of the shredded cabbage is to be done in the pot.
- Let the pot sit on simmer heat for about 8-10 minutes so that the water can absorb all the flavors nicely and also it can become a little thick.
- Add some green beans and further wait for about 3-5 minutes until the green beans become tender.
- Once all the vegetables are nice and soft, go on to add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Let the soup sit for about a minute before serving it and garnish it with some more fresh thyme.
The Fat-cutter cabbage soup has the taste of nice heavy stalk plus the healthiness of all the vegetables in a bowl. Don’t waste time and get to chopping.