Have you ever tried to make apple pie cookies on special occasions like Christmas? No, you should make this super delicious apple pie cookie.
These apple pie-filled cookies turn out delicious. Crispy and sweet apple pie cookies are absolute wow. Try this today.
- Cookie cutter
- Food processor
Preparation Time – 45 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
Servings – 6 cookies
Nutritional value –
Calories – 123kcal
For the Filling:
- Little bit lemon juice
- Apples – 3 pounds
- Sugar – 2/3 cup
- Unsalted butter – 1/4 cup
- Ground cinnamon -1/4 teaspoon
- Nutmeg – 1 pinch
For the Dough:
- Flour – 2 and 1/2 cups
- Granulated sugar – 4 tbsp
- Sea salt – 1/2 tsp
- Chilled unsalted butter -16 tsp
- Ice water – 4 tsp
- Cinnamon – 2 tsp
- Unsalted butter -1 cup
For the Egg Wash
- Egg – 1
- Cream – 1 tbsp
For the Caramel
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Cream – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1 pinch
Instructions for dough
- Take a food processor and add 2 ½ cups of all purpose flour.
- Now add 4tbsp of sugar.
- Now add salt around ½ tsp.
- Now add 2 table spoon of cinnamon powder.
- Now close the food processor and mix it for a few seconds.
- Add 1 cup of unsalted butter. Before using, keep it in the fridge. It should be cold, not melted one.
- Now add one by one 4 tbsp of ice water and keep on mixing in a food processor.
- Now place a silicon sheet on the table as we have to prepare the dough. Don’t worry it looks like bread crumbs but when you will prepare dough it will turn out nice dough. Bring the mixture together and prepare the dough.
- Now keep this dough in a plastic bag and now with the help of a rolling pin roll it to a thick sheet.
- Now seal the plastic sheet and keep it in the fridge.
Instruction for Egg wash
- Take a bowl and add egg to it. Mix a little bit of cream and mix it well.
- Now with a brush apply egg wash on the corners of the cookie base.
Instruction for apple pie filling
- Now wash the apples, peel them and chop them into small pieces.
- Now take a big bowl and add chopped apples in it.
- Now add a little bit of lemon juice and around 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Add ½ tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Add a small pinch of nutmeg.
- Now mix it well with a spoon or hands.
- Now take a pan and add 4 tbsp of butter and melt it. The flame should be medium.
- Add apple mixture and stir.
- When sugar melts, cover it and cook for 10 minutes. Remember the flame should be medium-low for now.
Instructions for caramel
- Take a deep pan and add around 1 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Add half cup of heavy cream.
- Add ½ tsp salt.
- Now mix it with the help of a whisker.
- Now switch on the flame and cook it on medium flame.
- When it thickens, switch off the flame and keep it aside. Let it cool down. If you want to cool it quicker, pour it in a big bowl.
- Now take a bowl and place strainer on it.
- Now pour apple mixture on it to separate juice from it.
- Now take a silicon sheet and sprinkle flour on it.
- Now take out the dough sheet from the plastic bag and place it on a silicon sheet.
- Sprinkle some flour on it.
- Now with the rolling pin roll it. If the sides are cut or you see some cracks, fix it and again roll it with a rolling pin.
- Now move the dough sheet and again roll it with a rolling pin.
- Now with the round-shaped cookie cutter cut cookie base.
- Cut 6 cookie bases and place them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Keep all 6 cookie bases in the distance on a baking sheet.
- With the remaining dough sheet cut stripes.
Let’s start assembling
- First with the help of a brush apply the egg wash on the edges of the cookie
- Now first add one spoon of apple caramel in the center. Spread a little bit.
- Now add apple pie filling to it.
- Now place one strip, then another strip side to it, now one each strip on the edges.
- Now with the brush apply egg wash on the first layer.
- Now place 4 strips in a cross on the first layer.
- Now to cut out excess from the cookie again put the cookie cutter and cut the scrap carefully.
- Now sprinkle sugar on cookies.
- Now bake at 350°F temperature for around 20 minutes.
- When it turns golden brown your apple pie cookies are ready to serve and enjoy.