This apple bread is a classic, easy, and a fail proof recipe. You would be able to whip this with ingredients that you would almost have in your kitchen. No fancy equipment or ingredients are required to make this. So why wait, let’s get started with the recipe.
- 9 x 5 loaf pan
- Baking spray
- Spoon/ spatula
Easy apple bread
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Calories: 308
- Protein: 3.9g
- All-purpose flour – 1¾ cups (228g)
- Apple (peeled, cored, and chopped) – 2 cups (210g approximately)
- Large eggs – 2
- Milk or applesauce – ¼ cup
- Unsalted butter – ½ cup (112g), melted
- Cinnamon powder – 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder – 1¼ teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Sugar – ¾ cup (155g)
- Packed light brown sugar – ¾ cup (168g)
- Vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan with a baking spray and preheat the oven at 350 ֯F or 176֯ C.
- Take a bowl and combine together 1¾ cups all-purpose flour, 1¼ teaspoon baking powder, 2 teaspoon cinnamon powder, and salt. Whisk them together and leave it aside.
- In another bowl add ½ cup melted butter, 2 large eggs, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, ¾ cup sugar, ¾ cup packed light brown sugar, ¼ cup milk or applesauce. Whisk everything together to mix well.
- Now, gradually add the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and stir to mix well. Be careful not to overmix it.
- Once all the ingredients are well combined, slowly fold in 2 cups of chopped apples.
- Now, pour this batter in to the prepared loaf pan. Put the loaf pan in the oven and bake it for 60-65 minutes. You can check the doneness of the loaf by inserting a toothpick in to it. If it comes out clean it’s done. If not, then it needs to be in the oven for a little longer.
- Once the loaf is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes, then shift it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- This apple bread tastes good warm as well as cooled. You can store this at room temperature. Make sure you cover it well so that it doesn’t dry out.
- It is best consumed within 4-5 days.
Tips and tricks:
- If stored properly, this bread stays good for 5 days. But it tastes so good that it will not last for more than 2 days.
- You don’t need to refrigerate it. It stays good if it is well covered. You can cover it in a foil or in a plastic wrap.
- Remember to grease the pan well so that the loaf comes out easily.
- Don’t overmix the batter, but make sure there are no lumps. Over mixing it will result in a dense loaf.
- Peel the apples before you put it in the loaf or else there are chances that the skin of the apples will come off while baking and hamper the texture of the bread.
- You can use any kind of apple, though it is recommended that you use the crispier and tarty ones.