Crispy Chicken Fried Steak is an excellent weeknight meal anyone can have.
But do you know the fascinating thing about this dish?
You essentially do not need chicken to make it. That means you can prepare it using other meats as well. Further, this southern classic follows the same process as the steak is usually cooked.
Recipe Of Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak
Let’s begin with learning basic things. Then proceed to a detailed recipe for this dish.
Total Time Needed
- Preparation time- 5 minutes
- Cooking time- 12 minutes
- Total time- 17 minutes
For Chicken Steak
- Cube steak- 1 pound
- All-purpose flour- ½ cup
- Garlic powder- 1 tsp
- Paprika- ½ tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Pepper- ¼ tsp
- Egg- 1
- Water- ¼ cup
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Flour- 2 tbsp
- Milk- ¾ cup
- Salt and pepper for taste
The nutritional amount per serving includes:
- Calories- 443 kcal
- Fats- 24 g
- Saturated Fat- 11 g
- Unsaturated Fat- 10 g
- Cholesterol- 170 mg
- Sodium- 491 mg
- Carbohydrates- 18 g
- Fiber- 1 g
- Sugar- 0 g
- Protein- 36 g
Instructions For Making Air Fryer Chicken Steak
- First, preheat the air fryer at 370°. Now, cut steaks into 5-7 cubes. If needed, use a mallet to soften them.
- Next, take a bowl to combine all mentioned spices. Similarly, in a separate bowl, whisk one egg and water together.
- Now take a steak cube and coat it with flour mix. Then mix it with the egg mix. After that, again, put it into the flour mix. Make sure you cover all sides correctly. Repeat the same process with other steak pieces.
- Then, put the country-fried steak into the fryer. Spray some oil on steaks to prevent sticking them with the fryer. For proper cleaning up, you can use an air fryer parchment band.
- Cook the cube steaks for around 12-15 mins at 145°. Thereon, flip the steaks and spray more oil on them if needed. Make sure you place them in the fryer till they become a little pink from inside.
- When done, remove the fried steaks and let them rest for 3-5 mins. Serve and relish immediately!
Instructions To Make Gravy With Chicken Steaks
- In a saucepan, melt butter at medium temperature.
- Then, whisk the flour, salt, and pepper with milk. And cook it on medium heat till the dressing becomes thick. You can include more milk to get the desired consistency.
- When finished, remove it and pour over the fried chicken steaks.
- Buy already tenderized meat to save time and effort.
- Spice up the steaks with salt and pepper before placing them in the egg and flour mix. That will make the seasoning set into the steaks.
- To save the taste of the chicken, tap them to discard the excess flour.
- To permit rightful cooking, make sure you do not overcrowd the air fryer with chicken steaks.
That is how you can make country-fried steak with simple ingredients. You can serve this dish with green beans, roasted potatoes, or other available vegetable options.
Did you enjoy cooking it? Comment down below to share your experiences. We are eagerly expecting your reply.