Everybody wants to be healthy but not everybody wants to eat healthy. They can burn their calories by doing a lot of exercise but can not compromise with the taste. When you leave a healthy diet, there is no return to it. This is because the fries and other dishes are always tasty.
Vegetables and other healthy foods are not so famous among everyone. A lot of people prefer photo chips over veggies.
So, I am here with another delicious and mouth watering recipe of air fryer Brussels sprouts. Sprouts are also a healthy option and especially when they are prepared using the air fryer. This amazing and crispy recipe is rich with flavors and will surely be a delight for your taste buds.
Even if you do not know how to cook food, you can still try this delicious recipe at your home. It can also be something which will suit the atmosphere when you meet your friends. It can also be served to the family members and make them taste an amazing delight.
We also need some kitchen equipment. But do not worry, you will not have to go buy new utensils or any other kitchen equipment especially to prepare these delicious Brussels sprouts. It can be made easily by using the normal equipment available in the kitchen within no time.
Types of Equipment used for making air fryer Brussels sprouts:
- Some bowls( bowls of all sizes)
- A set of kitchen knives
- A spatula for mixing
- Basic kitchen cutlery
- Cooking spray
- Air fryer
This equipment is enough to prepare delicious Brussels sprouts at your home. In about half an hour, it will be ready to be served.
Ingredients required for making air fryer Brussels sprouts:
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts
- 2 small spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ small spoon of kosher salt
- ¼ small spoon of black pepper
- 3 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
Some optional toppings:
- 1 small spoon of balsamic glaze or reduced balsamic vinegar
- Drizzle pomegranate molasses
- 2 small spoons of pure maple syrup
- 3 small spoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions to be followed for making air fryer Brussels sprouts:
- Start trimming the ends of the Brussels sprouts and remove the brown outer leaves. Then, cut them in half from the stem till the end and make sure that all the sprouts are the same size. If not, then you can cut the big sprouts into small pieces and cook.
- Start preheating the air fryer to 375F degrees.
- Now, drain the sprouts properly and dry it with a paper towel. Put the sprouts back into the bowl after wiping it completely. Then, drizzle them with oil and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Toss everything to coat it properly and then add them into the air fryer.
- Start cooking the sprouts for 5 minutes and then slide out the basket and then shake it to toss everything and then cook for an additional 5 mins. This will ensure even cooking and when the sprouts are about to get cooked, add the garlic and toss again. Cook again for 2-4 mins and keep checking whether the sprouts have become crispy or not.
- Transfer everything to another serving bowl and add the toppings and serve.