Frying bacon in the air fryer is the easiest thing ever. Since it is done in the air fryer it is a no mess affair. Less clean up after cooking as no oil splashes or splutters.
Just keep it in the air fryer and keep checking. It’s ready in less than 10 minutes. Less hassle of cleaning utensils that become greasy after frying bacon on the stove top.
These fried bacons can be used in many other recipes. The air fryer way is much easier than making it on stove top or in the oven.
If, that perfectly crispy bacon is what you desire, then this is the recipe you should be heading to. Cooking bacon in the air fryer is so easy that other recipes that would need crispy bacon, will be ready in half the time.
- Air fryer
It is so simple to make bacon in air fryer, that all you have to do is cut or slice the bacon in to small pieces or thin slices.
It doesn’t need any special equipment. A knife and an air fryer are the only things you would need to make this. Dishes made in the air fryer are super crispy and that too minimum use of oil.
The frying time may vary depending upon the air fryer, so you would like to keep a check while the bacon is frying. Getting to know your air fryer is the key to getting the recipe perfect. Some air fryers do not even need pre heating.
Air fryer bacon
- Preparation time: 2 minutes
- Cooking time: 8 minutes
- Calories: 268
- Protein: 18 grams
- Bacon – 7 ounces (Approximately 8 pieces of bacon)
- Pieces of bread – 1-2 (optional)
- Firstly, preheat the air fryer at 350 ˚F or 180 ֯ C.
- Then, if the bacon pieces are too big or long, cut them in to half.
- In the air fryer, place the pieces of bread below the basket. Now place the bacon in the basket above the bread pieces. The bread pieces will prevent too much of smoke emission.
- Now keep the bacon in the air fryer forming one layer, evenly.
- Now cook this for 8-10 minutes in the air fryer or until it is as crispy as you want.
- Serve immediately.
Tips and tricks:
- You can cook the bacon for 1-2 minutes longer if you want it to be crispier. Crisp bacon bits are needed in some recipes too.
- Placing the bread pieces below the basket in the air fryer will absorb the grease if any, and hence may prevent smoke coming out of the air fryer when frying the bacon. You can also make use of a paper towel here.
- The time taken for the bacon to cook can vary. It would depend on the size and the thickness of the bacon.
- For regular cut bacon it would take around 8-9 minutes to cook it till it gets crispy
- For thick cut bacon it would take around 10-12 minutes to cook it till it gets crispy.